Skip to content

Free & Reduced Meals

National School Lunch Program (NSLP)

NSLP Application

Applications for school meal benefits are available on this website to all students beginning July 1, 2021, and at the time of new-student registration throughout the school year. Eligibility is carried over from the previous year for up to the first 30 operating days into the new school year, or until a new eligibility determination is made, whichever comes first.* A new family application is required each school year. Families are encouraged to submit a new application at any time when income or the number of household members changes. Paper applications are available by request.

*The 30 operating days begins on the first operating day of school. Operating days are the days on which reimbursable meals or milk are provided by a school or another program sponsor [7 CFR 245.2]. Carryover applies to eligibility established through a household application or through direct certification. Meals served during the carryover period are claimed at the appropriate rate, depending on the individual child’s eligibility status from the previous school year.

Non-Discrimination Statement

Non-Discrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

To file a program complaint:

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF), found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.

You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at:

U.S. Department of Agriculture,
Director, Office of Adjudication,
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410,
by fax (202) 690-7442
or email at

Meal Policies