Please send resumes and cover letters no later than May 5th to email@example.com
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 17.
All paraprofessionals originally hired after January 8, 2002 shall meet the requirements of a Highly Qualified
paraprofessional aide as described in Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education act.
• This job description describes in general terms the normal duties that the
assistant will be expected to undertake. However, the job or duties described may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of responsibility associated with the job.
• Special education assistants work under the overall supervision of the principal with direct supervision
provided by special education teachers. They are employed when required to implement
special education or related services for a class and/or to provide direct assistance to st
students. Their duties will vary depending upon the age of students served as well as the nature and severity of
the student's disabilities.
Teaching and Learning
• Assist in the educational and social development of students under the direction and guidance of the facilitator and classroom teachers.
• Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Plans for the students and monitor their progress.
• Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom
to enable them to fully participate in activities.
• Work with other professionals, such as speech therapist, social worker, occupational and physical
• Assist classroom teachers with maintaining student records.
• Support students with emotional or behavior concerns and assist them in developing appropriate social skills.
• Assist in the preparation and display of student work.
• Assist classroom teachers with copying items to support teaching.
Standards and Quality Assurance
• Be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma, be capable of physically assisting students with
specials needs as required (positioning, lifting, transferring, restraining, etc.),
demonstrated ability to work effectively under the direction of others, demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others,
willingness to assume any responsibilities appropriate for the position. Support the Mission Statement
of the school, behave and speak in a professional manner at all times, set a good example in terms of
dress, punctuality, and attendance. Attend staff and team meetings