BNS Student Athletes
A Message to the Parents of Student Athletes
Your child has chosen a rewarding and challenging endeavor. It is an individual’s choice to participate in athletics, but the choice affects the entire family in many ways. There will be late dinners after games, sore bones and muscles after practice and competitions. You will find that your child will learn to be a member of a team working toward a common goal, to accept victory and defeat as a learning process, to take pride in their accomplishments and to persevere when the activity becomes difficult.
It is our intent as a school athletic opportunity to maintain a program that is sound in purpose and will further each student’s educational maturity. A student who elects to participate in athletics is voluntarily making a choice of self-discipline and self-responsibility. These are the reasons we stress good training habits and preparation for athletic events. Attaining this goal should be a cooperative effort by all involved.
As educators, we find that students involved in extracurricular activities have fewer discipline problems in school and put free time after school to constructive use, and as a result, have fewer problems in the community. When your child elects to participate in one of our sports programs, we feel there is a commitment to certain responsibilities and obligations. This is our opportunity to acquaint you with specific policies necessary for a well-organized program of athletics. Please read this carefully and share this handbook with your child frequently.
Middle School Athletic Applicant Checklist
- Read the BNS Student Athlete Handbook
- Complete FHSAA EL-02 Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form (form is valid for one calendar year).
- Complete FHSAA EL-03 Consent and Release from Liability Certificate (form is valid for one calendar year).
- Complete FHSAA GA-4 Affidavit of Compliance with the Policies on Athletic Recruiting & Non-Traditional Student Participation
- Obtain proof of insurance for your athlete.
- Sign the BNS Student Athlete Handbook- Verification of Agreement (pg 10 of BNS Student Athlete Handbook)
- Complete BNS Student Athlete Handbook- Medical Information Card (pg 11 BNS Student Athlete Handbook)
**Paperwork needs to be completed by August 9, 2019 in order to participate in boys basketball tryouts or co-ed cross county. Turn all paperwork in together, completed, to the front office at BNS. All completed paperwork is required prior to students first day of practice or try outs.
BNS Banner Order Form
Support Babcock Neighborhood School Athletics by ordering a banner. Banner order form link.